Coaching is all about working with You, to figure out what You want, and what to do to get it. It’s helping you to find the strength to make the change, that at some level you want to make, and helping to unblock whatever it is that has been stopping you..
Your coach will be your Thinking Partner (or professional listener!). They will work with you to help you take the right actions to make sure you get the results you want, being your conscience and keeping you accountable. They will help you to reach your full potential, in your personal or professional life.
Another way of describing coaching:
- Guidance: providing the tools and support to broaden your perspective and open your mind, enabling you to reach your goals
- Empowerment: helping you to realise your own self-worth and self belief that has, for one reason or another, diminished
- Improvement: helping you to go from where you are to where you want to be.. and achieving your goal!
We provide the following coaching services:
- Personal Coaching (or Life Coaching): helping someone to improve their work-life balance, find their purpose in life, enhance their overall well being or improve their own self-regard
- Leadership Coaching: Empowering leaders to do exceptional work, by helping uncover hidden strengths and weaknesses within. Creating goals to enable leaders to track their progress.
- Business Coaching: Supporting people in all lines of work, including executive coaching for senior managers, interview coaching for job-seekers or start-up business coaching for entrepreneurs.
How can coaching help?
In a business context, successful coaching can result in:
- Improvement in performance
- Increased openness to personal learning and development
- Increased ability to identify solutions to specific work-related issues
- Greater ownership and responsibility
- Increased self-awareness
Increasingly, coaching is being used as part of a multi-disciplinary approach, a way of continuing the recovery journey when counselling ends, by helping people to continue to make positive changes, working with them on their plans towards their goals.
How does Coaching work?
The coaching process generally requires compassion, curiosity and commitment on both sides. We always recommend an initial free meeting, perhaps over a cup of coffee (‘chemistry coffee’) to understand your goal in more detail and also to determine whether we can work together.
The process typically involves a number of 1:1 sessions, taking between an hour to an hour and a half. These sessions are initially conducted face to face, with phone/Skype sessions available once we’ve worked together for a period of time.
Generally, as part of each session, we will agree actions (or ‘homework’) for the next session. Open and honest feedback will also be a key part of our interaction.
All conversations are fully confidential, with clear boundaries set and a signed contract in place to ensure that we’re both clear on our respective responsibilities.